What happens when your body is chemically overloaded?
You may see it in something as catastrophic as cancer. But most of us feel it in other ways: lethargy, inability to focus, sleep trouble, chronic inflammation, unexplained pain, skin issues, hot flashes, stress, frustration, roller coaster emotions. Does any of this sound familiar?
Babies, infants, and toddlers are especially prone to environmental toxins, and products claiming to be "safe". Unfortunately, problems don't start developing until years later when they've moved out on their own.
Continue reading below, or...
There are 100-thousand chemicals on the market today.
The Toxic Substance Control Act of 1976 grandfathered them in with no safety testing, and very little information on their side effects. For products that do have testing, there are no tests showing how long term use can affect us, or what happens when other products are used elsewhere in/on the body at the same time. The European Union has banned over 1,300 chemicals found in cosmetics. The FDA has only banned 8 and restricted 3.
Dr. Samuel Epstein, chairman of the Cancer Prevention Coalition, says "It's unthinkable that [parents] would knowingly inflict such exposures on their infants and children and themselves if products were routinely labeled with explicit warnings of cancer risks. But they are not labeled."
Since the 1940's, prostate cancer is up 200 percent. Thyroid cancer, 155 percent. Brain cancer, 70 percent. And the American Cancer Society estimates a 50 percent rise in cancer rates by 2020. Only 5% of cancers are hereditary. The other 95% are due to our choices. What we eat and drink, the exercise or lack thereof, and the products we use...or that others use around us.
It's time to kick chemicals to the curb and get started with essential oils. It's easy, fun, and the best way to live a healthier life.
Continue reading below, or...
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists wrote in a report, that there is “robust” evidence linking “toxic environmental agents” to “adverse reproductive and developmental health outcomes”. Though they seem safe, regular scented candles are a huge source of indoor air pollution and they put off chemicals that are considered just as dangerous as second-hand smoke, causing everything from headaches to lung cancer. Paraffin fumes have been found to cause tumors in the kidneys and liver of lab animals.
Incense produces particulate matter that can deposit in the respiratory tract, and elevates airborne concentrations of carbon monoxide and benzene. Incense also contains trace amounts of chemicals suspected of causing skin irritation, and exposure to incense has been linked with several illnesses.
Sixty (60) percent of what we put on our skin is absorbed into our bodies. What's more alarming? The FDA doesn’t require any pre-market testing or approval before cosmetics (e.g., fragrances, deodorant, shampoo, makeup) hit the shelves.
According to the Environmental Working Group, women use an average of 12 products a day, containing 168 different chemicals. Men use fewer products, but still put 85 chemicals on their bodies. Teens on average use 17 personal care products a day, according to the group, which tested 20 teens' blood and urine to find out which chemicals from these products were ending up in their bodies. They found 16 hormone-altering chemicals, including parabens and phthalates. Some chemicals in these products are endocrine disruptors, carcinogens and neurotoxins, most of which have not been independently reviewed for safety before hitting store shelves.
Isn't it time to take back your health?
Check the ingredients in your current products at https://www.thinkdirtyapp.com. What number do you get?
You can also search the Safer Chemical Ingredients List on the EPA website.
Checkout this article on toxic products in your home!